    On Friday 28 November 2003 07:20 pm, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
    > There is an oddity I forgot to report: it doesn't suspend when I close
    > the lid if I still have the power plugged in. Also, I tried the suspend
    > button, and it works perfectly fine here for both suspend and resume on
    > a standard LTC issue Stinkpad T21, again with the power cord proviso.

    Do you also have a PCMCIA card in the slot?

    I've always found that my Thinkpads (about three different models,
    currently a T21) will not suspend with power connected and a PCMCIA card
    in. If I remove either power or my PC cards, then closing the lids will
    trigger a suspend.

    I stumbled across something a while back that indicated this was a Thinkpad
    BIOS bug, but I have no idea if that is correct.

    Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (GNU/Linux)

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.020 / U:10.080 seconds]