SubjectRe: NForce2 pseudoscience stability testing (2.6.0-test11)
Julien Oster wrote:
> writes:
>>I have been test various kernel parameter combinations to test stability.
> Thanks, that's quite a nice overview.
> But something seems strange:
> Does those two lines mean, that using ACPI, APIC and local APIC
> enabled is stable, as long as your kernel is not an SMP kernel? If
> yes, then I can't confirm this. I run strictly non-SMP kernels and
> they always crash if APIC (or local APIC?) is enabled.

I also have the same problem on an Abit NF7-S V2.0: I think I tested
(non-SMP always) with kernel 2.6-test8 last: With Apic (and/or local
apic) system locks up. Without it is now rock-solid with ACPI. But it
seems to be a BIOS issue, as Windows locks up with APIC use, as well.
Well I am using latest BIOS and hope that Abit gets this fixed...

BTW, why would someone want an SMP kernel for a 1-CPU system?