    SubjectRe: APM Suspend Problem

    On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 06:17:12PM -0800, Misha Nasledov wrote:
    > Yeah, like I said, if I boot back into 2.4.21 it'll work just fine. I know it
    > worked in -test2 and -test3 but somewhere between then and -test9 it stopped
    > working. It might've been after -test3.. I haven't really looked into using
    > ACPI as APM is supposed to work perfectly on my laptop and I don't want to
    > complicate things.. I wish I knew more about kernel hacking so that I could
    > look into this problem.

    I haven't used the CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND needed for ACPI much; AIUI
    it's still prototypical in various ways (or whatever the right way to
    phrase that is), and I'm a bit too overextended to help out with it now.

    There is an oddity I forgot to report: it doesn't suspend when I close
    the lid if I still have the power plugged in. Also, I tried the suspend
    button, and it works perfectly fine here for both suspend and resume on
    a standard LTC issue Stinkpad T21, again with the power cord proviso.

    -- wli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.024 / U:3.368 seconds]