SubjectRe: exiting X and rebooting
On Thursday 27 November 2003 07:16, Helge Hafting wrote:
>On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 06:17:03AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>> I'm not sure what category this minor complaint falls under, but
>> since its evidenced by a 2.6 kernel and not a 2.4, this seems like
>> the place.
>> One of the things I've been meaning to mention is that if I'm
>> running a 2.6 kernel, and exit X to reboot, the shell that had a
>> cursor when I started X from it, no longer has a cursor when x has
>> been stopped. This occurs only for 2.6 kernels, but works as usual
>> for 2.4 kernels giving a big full character block for a cursor.
>> One can still type, and the keystrokes are echo'd properly. But
>> it is a bit un-nerving at first. Logging clear out and back in
>> again to re-init the shell doesn't help. The cursor is gone.
>This seems like a framebuffer problem to me, are you using a
> framebuffer, and if so, which one?
>Helge Hafting

Good Q Helge, see this big dummies .config snippets:

[root@coyote linux-2.6]# grep FRAME .config
[root@coyote linux-2.6]# grep VESA .config

Since the card is an NVIDIA GForce2 MX200, and X is using its own "nv"
driver, which one should I turn off?

Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz 512M
99.27% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly attornies please note, additions to this message
by Gene Heskett are: