    SubjectRe: [BUG] Ricoh Cardbus -> Can't get interrupts
    On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 07:08:26PM -0800, Davide Libenzi wrote:
    > I didn't want to post this because I was ashamed of the fix, but w/out
    > this my orinoco cardbus gets an interrupt one every ten boots. This is
    > against 2.4.20 ...
    > - Davide

    Your patch seems to do two things:

    First, it automatically falls back on using a socket's PCI interrupt
    if its ISA interrupts are not available. That part seems ok.

    But, it also falls back on sharing an interrupt if a driver requested
    an exclusive interrupt and that was not available. This part is not
    ok. The original code will share a PCI interrupt automatically, but
    will not share an ISA interrupt except under certain circumstances
    (for multifunction cards or when the driver specifically requests it).
    Sharing ISA interrupts is unsafe and should never be done blindly.

    -- Dave

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.018 / U:179.944 seconds]