SubjectRe: DataBase For Download
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:15:17 +0000 Luís Soares <los@lsd.di.uminho.pt> wrote:

| On Wednesday 26 November 2003 15:47, Sumit Narayan wrote:
| > Hi,
| >
| > I am writing a kernel code to test the disk performance and other details
| > under different kind of databases. Could someone help me with details, as
| > to where I can find sample database, which I could use for testing. If I
| > could find benchmarks, it would be great. I am looking for something like,
| > NetBench, but which is for DataBase.
| >
| > Thanks to all...
| >

| If I understood correctly, this might help:
| . TPC (www.tpc.org)
| . JMOB (jmob.objectweb.org)
| . IOZone (http://www.iozone.org)

I would generally call those workloads, not necessarily databases.
It seems that Sumit wants workloads that are specifically for
stressing/testing databases.

OSDL has several database workloads in the STP (Scalable Test
Platform) project at http://www.osdl.org/stp/
E.g.:
dbt1-1tier A single tier iteration of the DataBase Transaction One test.
dbt2-1tier Database test based on TPC-C workload
dbt2-pgsql Postgres version of DBT test.
dbt3 Database test based on TPC-H
dbt3-pgsql dbt3 port to PostgreSQL
DOTS Database test by IBM

Perhaps Sumit could use one or more of these.

--
~Randy
MOTD: Always include version info.