SubjectRe: Hp/Compaq Fibre HBA
>Did I send this question to the wrong group?
>On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 13:18, Danny Brow wrote:
>> Any one know if there are drivers for a storageworks fibre channel
>> bus adapter /p. The chip set is Tachyon HPFC-5000c/3.0, the card
>> has this number on it HHBA - 5000A.
>> TIA,
>> Dan.

not sure about the group. Maybe it is just that nobody has a good
answer. I was having similar problems with regard to another Tachyon
[XL2]based HP card.Lack of Linux support prevented basically a working
dual-boot solution (HP-UX vs. Linux) on couple of rx5670 boxes.

At that time a nice folk at HP basically told me that: "it could be
done, but we are looking for funding one or two consultants".

One of the problems involved seems to be documentation on the Tachyon
chips. As usual. Another reason (for those liking conspiracy theories)
might be market(ing) segmentation by HP. But I'm just being paranoid
here :-)

PS: have a look at - but I fear
it is not very actively maintained :-(

Martin Knoblauch