    SubjectRe: 2.6 nfsd troubles - stale filehandles
    On Wednesday November 26, wrote:
    > Hi!
    > I'm running my NFSv3 server at home on a 2.6 kernel, and it seems to
    > have some issues, to say the least. The clients sporadically get stale
    > handle errors, and I don't really know how to debug it.

    I'll see if I can help.

    I suspect that if you add the "no_subtree_check" export option the
    problem will go away. If you could confirm that, and then set it back
    to "subtree_check" so we can keep hunting, that would be good.

    Next, some better tracing.
    The Linux NFS client will never re-try a filehandle that it thinks is
    stale, so the tracing you did doesn't actually show any access of the stale
    So you need to have tracing on when the filehandle goes stale.

    If you could:

    echo 2 > /proc/sys/sunrpc/nfsd_debug

    and then try to create a stale file/directory, then the trace produced
    by that could well be helpful.

    Finally, when you have create a stale filehandle and got a good trace,
    could you send it to me and include an
    ls -l
    for the bad file/directory and every parent up to the export point.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.020 / U:17.144 seconds]