    SubjectRe: amanda vs 2.6
    Once upon a time, Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org> wrote:
    >And syslogd is stopped for some reason - either a bug, a mistaken SIGSTOP,
    >or simply because the console has been stopped with a simple ^S.

    It can also happen if there is a problem with DNS; syslogd tries to do a
    DNS lookup to get the hostname to put in the record and can hang on that
    if the DNS server is busy, hung, down, unreachable, etc.

    _Really_ annoying when you are trying to log in to the DNS server to fix
    a problem with DNS!
    --
    Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>