SubjectRe: [kernel panic @ reboot] 2.6.0-test10-mm1
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Vince wrote:

> I get a kernel panic each time I'm rebooting my system on all
> recent 2.6.0testx kernels (cpu is an Athlon 1800XP, kernel compiled with
> preempt and ACPI ; config and dmesg is attached).
>
> This time, I got tired of seeing this and finally installed kmsgdump
> in order to collect some data, available in messages.txt (*)
>
> For my particular case, X was not loaded: I just logged in in console
> mode and did a reboot. No nvidia or other binary driver loaded. Any hint
> on tracking down this bug is appreciated (I can compile my kernel with
> additional debugging options if required).

I can't see the first oops, it looks like it's been spewing them out for a
while too;

<4>Oops: 0000 [#49]

At the point you're at there really isn't much state left to work from.
Any chance you can get at the logs (if it hit disk) and get the first
oops?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:1.724 / U:1.740 seconds]