SubjectRe: [Patch 3/5] dm: make v4 of the ioctl interface the default
Date
On Tuesday 25 November 2003 11:16, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Kevin Corry wrote:
>
> ---help---
> - Recent tools use a new version of the ioctl interface, only
> - select this option if you intend using such tools.
> + Recent tools use this new version of the ioctl interface. Only
> + select N for this option if you use out-of-date tools that weren't
> + compiled for this interface (e.g. LVM2 prior to v2.00.00).
>
> Actually, I don't think LVM2 uses the device mapper ioctls at all; it
> use libdevmapper which calls the ioctls on its behalf.

True. I imagine Joe will know the exact version numbers of LVM2 and
libdevmapper that require the old interface. I believe the version I
mentioned is from the appropriate time-frame, though.

--
Kevin Corry
kevcorry@us.ibm.com