SubjectRe: [Patch 3/5] dm: make v4 of the ioctl interface the default
Joe Thornber wrote:

> For the last few months the tools have supported both v1 and v4
> interfaces, allowing people to roll back to older kernels. I will
> update the Kconfig help as you suggest to be more specific about the
> tool versions.

My biggest concern here is that even if someone downloads the latest
device-mapper tools tarball and compiles it on their system, unless they
specifically point it at 2.6 kernel headers it won't compile in v4 ioctl
support, so they could be unpleasantly surprised. Given the prevailing
sentiment about _not_ updating /usr/include/{linux,asm} to the headers
with a newly-installed kernel (but rather leaving them the same versions
that libc was compiled against) this a pretty likely scenario unless I'm
mistaken...

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.063 / U:3.928 seconds]