    SubjectRe: Intel centrino drivers being withheld?

    Hi there,

    Well, I own a centrino laptop and that pisses me off too, but hey, they have
    the power to do that, and I have to hang with this laptop, so...

    In the meanwhile, we have LinuxAnt who developed a proggie that emulates
    Windoze drivers to Linux... They say it supports our wireless card, I saw
    people successfully use it, and many more that can't (as myself). It sure can
    communicate with the card, so you can give it a try...

    Hoping that I've someway helped,

    Mind Booster Noori

    On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Andrew Walrond wrote:

    > Is anybody liasing, asisting or pressuring Intel wrt centrino wireless
    > drivers?
    >
    > It seems to me that it could have been written at least 20 times over during
    > the time they've supposedly been in development.
    >
    > This quote from back in March annoys me somewhat:
    >
    > "The Santa Clara, Calif., chip maker is running Linux drivers in its labs, but
    > whether or not those drivers make it out of the labs depends on customer
    > demand, said Scott McLaughlin, an Intel spokesman"
    >
    > Well, I am demanding, and my patience is running very thin. And Amd look to be
    > releasing 64bit mobile parts soon, and appear to be very linux friendly. Am I
    > the only one getting annoyed about this?
    >
    > Can anybody put my mind at rest, or suggest reasons why Intel may be reluctant
    > to release the drivers?
    >
    > Andrew Walrond
    >
    > -

    - --
    Marcos Daniel Marado Torres AKA Mind Booster Noori
    /"\ http://student.dei.uc.pt/~marado
    \ / marado@student.dei.uc.pt
    X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
    / \ against HTML e-mail and Micro$oft attachments

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.023 / U:89.168 seconds]