SubjectRe: Nick's scheduler v19a
Well, you could try using XFree86's supplied "nv" driver to test without
the binary nvidia module.

Timothy's point is valid IMO - your help in identifying the bug will
help someone else down the road.

Peter C. Ndikuwera
Digital Solutions Ltd, Uganda

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 20:00, Markus Hästbacka wrote:
> Yes, but how could I know if the bug is in XFree86? in kernel? in the
> nvidia driver module? and no, I can't even hope to try to reproduce bugs
> without nvidia module, because no X => no bugs. If you tell me what I
> need to add to kernel configuration to get some info while something
> happens, I'll probably try to reproduce bugs when test10 is out with
> vanilla kernel.
>
> And yes, I'm intrested in the performance of other's computers too, but
> if this is new then it's new, and I can't by my self know where the bug
> (maybe) is.
>
> Regards,
> Markus
>
> On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 18:19, Timothy Miller wrote:
> > Markus Hästbacka wrote:
> > > That may be true, but why should I complain anymore? Nick made a really
> > > great patch that makes things working for me.
> > >

> > Are you interested only in the performance of your own computer, or do
> > you have any interest in the performance of other people's computers as
> > well?
> >
> > If there's a bug, there's a bug, and you've identified it. Contrary to
> > the attitude of our friends in Redmond, the open source community tends
> > to see bugs as being really evil. If you've found a bug, we want to
> > investigate it and fix it.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.058 / U:0.212 seconds]