    SubjectRe: irq 15: nobody cared! with KT600 chipset and 2.6.0-test9

    On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Marco d'Itri wrote:
    > >Does this one make a difference?
    > No:

    Actually, it _does_ seem to make a difference. The irq probe doesn't
    report failure any more:

    > ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
    > hdc: CD-ROM 50X, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
    > hdd: 32X10, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
    > Badness in request_irq at arch/i386/kernel/irq.c:572

    so now we have happily apparently probed the irq, but the problem is that
    it continues to scream afterwards. So we're still unhappy, but something
    did actually change.

    I wonder why ACPI matters. It must be changing the polarity or trigger of
    the irq somehow - but your earlier dmesg output seems to imply that it
    only changes ELCR for irq9, so it must be somewhere else. Len, ideas?

    Also, Marco, it might actually be a VIA IDE driver bug, that leaves the
    interrupt on during setup somewhere (and the bug just doesn't matter when
    the IRQ is edge-triggered). So it would be interesting to know what
    happens if you disable the VIA-specific IDE support...

    (Btw, thanks for being so good at testing, despite the lack of major

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.019 / U:1.768 seconds]