    SubjectRe: Nick's scheduler v19a
    Hi nick.
    it seems that this patch changed everything, I patched against
    2.6.0-test9-bk19. I didn't upgrade any software before I booted to your
    patch. and I tested the 2.6.0-test9-bk22 without the patch it worked
    just as all other kernels without the patch. I've had the same .config
    from test3 (maybe some small changes if new drivers appeared).

    I can't say that 2.6 performance is bad, it's better than 2.4, but now
    this is even better.

    So now I'm booted back to your patch and I like this difference in X
    performance, I can't ask for more. :)

    On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 01:34, Nick Piggin wrote:
    > Markus Hästbacka wrote:
    > >Hi nick! here's some feedback.
    > >This one day last week, I thougt I could test your scheduler patch.
    > >I noticed something really good with it. My X had really fast startup.
    > >everything worked really fast. Even games worked much better than any in
    > >kernel before (I've tested all from 2.5.74).
    > >
    > >So I hope you'll port this patch for test10> if this one wont patch
    > >clearly.
    > >
    > Hi Markus,
    > Thanks for testing. That sounds quite remarkable, is it possible that
    > some other change has made the difference? What kernel version did
    > you patch against, and did you try that same kernel and .config without
    > my patch? Anyway, I'm glad you're having good results.
    > Yes, this one will probably apply to test10 should it ever apper. If not
    > I will port it.
    > Nick
    "Software is like sex, it's better when it's free."
    Markus Hästbacka <midian at>
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.020 / U:129.760 seconds]