SubjectRe: Nick's scheduler v19a

Markus Hästbacka wrote:

>Hi again.
>I'm not sure if this is because of the patch or what, but my X crashes
>normally in ~2 days, and the framebuffer gets all messy (green lines,
>can't see what I'm typing, etc.), this doesn't happen with your patch at
>all, only with vanilla kernel(s). Maybe my hardware likes your patch or
>something. My X have been running for four days now without any kind of
>problem on the patched kernel. (I'm not sure if it's the kernel or what,
>but reported it anyway). That's the only problem I've been getting more
>than often.
>
>There's no other problems, only that the kernel standard scheduler is a
>bit slower than yours.

Well yes its possible that my scheduler is better at hiding some bug. It
wouldn't be fixing anything, of course. It definitely was better at
exposing a kernel or postgresql bug when running OSDL's PostgreSQL tests -
I saw the crash 3 times I think, though never with standard kernel.

I don't know how you should be reporting X crashes. I guess you could report
the bug to the XFree86 guys as per their guidelines if you can reproduce the
crashes with an up to date 2.4 kernel.

Nick

>Regards,
>Markus
>
>On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 08:20, Nick Piggin wrote:
>

>>Well that's very good to hear :) err, just remember if you have
>>any specific problems with unpatched 2.6 to make a report. We
>>want the standard scheduler to run well too.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Nick

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.249 / U:0.008 seconds]