    SubjectUsing proc in chroot environments
        Hi all :)

    I'm using a chroot environment on my main disk as a 'crash test
    dummy', and I need to access the proc filesystem inside it. Since
    hard links are not allowed for directories, the only solution I can
    think of is to mount proc inside the chroot environment just after
    chrooting. This works, I've tested, but I have two problems:

    - Any change in the chroot proc happens too in the main one (like
    using /proc/sys/kernel variables). Not a big deal, since I want the
    chroot environment to mimic the main filesystem where the original
    proc is mounted, but is annoying.

    - I must mount copies of devpts, usbfs, etc... under the 'second'
    proc, too, and this is even more annoying.

    The perfect solution for me is to hardlink the proc directory of
    the chrooted environment to the proc directory on the true root dir,
    but since this is not possible, whan can I do instead of remounting a
    second copy of proc (which, by the way, makes /proc/mounts a little
    bit weird...)?

    Thanks a lot in advance :))

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

    Linux Registered User 88736 &

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.019 / U:6.300 seconds]