    SubjectRe: 2.6.0test9 Reiserfs boot time "buffer layer error at fs/buffer.c:431"
    Herbert Xu <> wrote:
    > On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 11:33:54PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > >
    > > aargh. I thought Debian's 2.6 kernels were unmodified. Are they carrying
    > > any other changes?
    > Yes we are. You can find the changes in

    Where are the separated patches?

    That's 170k of stuff you're sitting on. Is there any plan to get it synced

    > > That _should_ work. The pagecache pages should be in such a state that all
    > > buffers are freeable and yes, we can leave the pagecache there. But this
    > > could cause problems if the device was repartitioned in between, or if it
    > > was hotswapped. I don't think we shoot down pagecache anywhere else for
    > > this.
    > Yes, however it should be safe to stop set_blocksize from calling
    > truncate_inode_pages, right?

    No, because _something_ has to rub out the wrong-sized buffer_heads. One
    could add some new function which walks the pagecache and removes the
    buffer_heads from the pages, leaving the pages there. There doesn't seem a
    lot of point in it though?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.019 / U:2.040 seconds]