SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test9-mm4
On Wednesday 19 November 2003 01:51, Andrew Morton wrote:
>. Several fixes against patches which are only in -mm at present.
>. Minor fixes which we'll queue for post-2.6.0.
>. The interactivity problems which the ACPI PM timer patch showed up
> should be fixed here - please sing out if not.
Here, I've rebooted to various elevators and run each for at least a
day, and for mm3, I'd have to say that the diffs are tolerable, but
the smoothest, most responsive is the deadline version. as still
gives an occasional 20 millisecond stutter, and cfq might be 10
milliseconds. Even as is a far cry from the near show stopper 15 to
20 second hangs of the performance in the later 2.4's. Great work

Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz 512M
99.27% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly attornies please note, additions to this message
by Gene Heskett are: