    SubjectRe: Announce: ndiswrapper
    > Pontus Fuchs wrote:
    > > Please! I don't want to start a flamewar if this is a good thing to do.
    > > I'm just trying to scratch my own itch and I doubt that this project
    > > changes the way Broadcom treats Linux users.
    > Then help us reverse engineer the driver :)
    > Jeff

    In a way getting it to run under linux (in an pseudo-ndis-emu box) is part
    of getting it reverse engineered - then we set up io-trace and presto we
    know precisely what is going on ;)

    Speaking of io-trace has anyone actually done this? I'm working on a
    strace patch for io-trace'ing of user processes and have come to the
    conclusion that this should be at least partially done in kernel-space
    (you can't attach/detach to a pid without kernel support, you can io-trace
    a program from start to finish in pure userspace, but as soon as you want
    to attach to a running Xserver you are basically screwed (although that
    can be circumvened), however if you want to detach then you are screwed
    totally (unless you like live auto-patching of the traced program)...

    I'm thinking of rewriteing the patch into the kernel ptrace mechanism
    (i.e. PTRACE_IO_SYSCALL - stop on IO operations or syscalls)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.025 / U:1.624 seconds]