    SubjectSmartmedia 2.6.0-test9 problem.
    Date
    Hi,
    I have two smartmedia cards 16mb and 64mb. I have recently compiled the
    Debian source for Kernel 2.6.0-test9.
    I normally only use my 64mb card together with a usb reader. The problem I
    have led me to the wrong conclusion which I reported to this group. For this
    I apologise.

    I have now clearly identified the problem and have repeated it and doubled
    checked to ensure that this post is accurate.
    The problem is;
    I can mount both the 16mb and 64mb cards if I use my camera. If I use my
    reader, the 16mb card mounts ok but, the 64mb card returns no media found.
    When I used the 2.4.19 kernel the 64mb card worked fine with the reader. A
    new addition to my setup (apart from 2.6-test) is a usb to serial adapter. I
    connect all these to a usb hub running in passive mode. In case the addition
    of the usb/serial adapter was not leaving enough power for the larger
    capacity SM card I attached the power adapter to the hub and switched it to
    'powered'. This made not difference to the problem.
    my fstab entry is;
    /dev/sda1 /mnt/smedia vfat rw,user,noauto 0,0

    when the 64mb card is mounted in the camera fdisk -l returns;

    /dev/sda1 * 1 500 63972+ 1 FAT12

    Any help on this would be appreciated.

    __
    Patrick

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.027 / U:0.188 seconds]