    SubjectRe: 2.6.0 yenta_socket eats kernel time on Toshiba Laptop
    On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 10:11 am, Ben Hoskings wrote:
    > Thanks for the reply, Andrew.
    > > > Attepting a modprobe on any of the other PCMCIA bus drivers gives a
    > > > 'device not found' error.
    > > >
    > > > Under 2.4, the PCMCIA bus uses the i82365 module, which works
    > > > perfectly. Under 2.6, it appears that the related driver has been
    > > > moved to the yenta_socket module (It's a ToPIC100 Controller; see dmesg
    > > > below).
    > >
    > > Have you tried disabling i82365 in kernel config?
    > All the PCMCIA options are configured as modules, and when I modprobed
    > yenta_socket, the only one already loaded was pcmcia_core. Disabling in the
    > kernel config won't make a difference here will it?
    Anyone else have any suggestions on what I could do to start debugging this
    problem? I don't like to ask again, but I figure this is too good a chance to
    I'd like to get my laptop working with 2.6, sure, but more importantly a
    problem like this that affects hardware I own is the perfect chance for me to
    poke my head into the kernel sources and start learning. ;)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.021 / U:18.904 seconds]