    SubjectRe: Terrible interactivity with 2.6.0-t9-mm3
    Date
    On Tuesday 18 November 2003 00:04, john stultz wrote:
    > On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 14:55, john stultz wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Well I applied your patch without the ones from Thomas Schlichter. Was
    > > > is intended like that or should it be on top of Thomas patches?
    > >
    > > It was to go along side of Thomas' patch. Thomas caught the real issue
    > > (sched_clock() needs to be switched on use_tsc), but cpu_khz is also
    > > used in the scheduler, so I just wanted to make sure it was properly set
    > > as well.
    >
    > After sending out multiple patches I should have been more clear. Just
    > to avoid confusion:
    >
    > * the init_cpu_khz patch goes along side Thomas' patch.
    >
    > * the more experimental sched_clock() -> monotonic_clock() patch I just
    > sent out for testing replaces Thomas' patch.
    >
    > thanks
    > -john

    OK, now I was testing both your patches instead of mine.
    The init_cpu_khz patch works as expected... THX!

    Well, but the sched_clock() -> monotonic_clock() patch seems to have a
    problem...
    First, everything works smoothly if the PIT or the TSC clock are selected. (It
    seems I cannot test the HPET timer due to missing hardware support)

    But when booting with the PMTMR clock selected, my Interactivity test fails
    again. :-( Maybe there is a problem in the PMTMR's monotonic clock part...?!

    Thomas

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.022 / U:2.384 seconds]