    SubjectRe: Terrible interactivity with 2.6.0-t9-mm3
    john stultz wrote:
    > On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 11:46, Thomas Schlichter wrote:

    >>>Yup, works for me too. Reverting those patches and my machine is smooth
    >>>again. :)
    >

    > Not configuring the ACPI PM time source in should also work as well.

    > You're correct, I forgot to initialize cpu_khz in the ACPI PM timesource
    > init code. This patch fixes that.

    Well I applied your patch without the ones from Thomas Schlichter. Was
    is intended like that or should it be on top of Thomas patches?

    I haven't tested thouroughly, but on the first impression your patch
    didn't make things really better, that's why I stoped testing. I just
    did following test:

    Running prime95 as task taking 100% CPU) and started up mozilla and
    mailer. This took nearly endlessly. Deaktivating ACPI timer and things
    are fast again, ie. starting mozilla is like no background task is
    runnig. I dunno if it is a not 100% working patch or if it is Nick's
    scheduler, which I am using.

    Prakash

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.022 / U:61.456 seconds]