SubjectRe: Terrible interactivity with 2.6.0-t9-mm3
john stultz wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 11:46, Thomas Schlichter wrote:

>>>Yup, works for me too. Reverting those patches and my machine is smooth
>>>again. :)
>

> Not configuring the ACPI PM time source in should also work as well.

> You're correct, I forgot to initialize cpu_khz in the ACPI PM timesource
> init code. This patch fixes that.

Well I applied your patch without the ones from Thomas Schlichter. Was
is intended like that or should it be on top of Thomas patches?

I haven't tested thouroughly, but on the first impression your patch
didn't make things really better, that's why I stoped testing. I just
did following test:

Running prime95 as task taking 100% CPU) and started up mozilla and
mailer. This took nearly endlessly. Deaktivating ACPI timer and things
are fast again, ie. starting mozilla is like no background task is
runnig. I dunno if it is a not 100% working patch or if it is Nick's
scheduler, which I am using.

Prakash

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans