    SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test9-mm3
    Date
    In article <100480000.1068841761@flay>,
    Martin J. Bligh <mbligh@aracnet.com> wrote:

    | >> OK, ext3 survived a swatting on the 16-way as well. It's still slow as
    | >> snot, but it does work ;-) No changes from before, methinks.
    | >>
    | >> Diffprofile for kernbench (-j) from ext2 to ext3 on mm3
    | >>
    | >> 27022 16.3% total
    | >> 24069 53.3% default_idle
    | >> 583 2.4% page_remove_rmap
    | >> 539 248.4% fd_install
    | >> 478 388.6% __blk_queue_bounce
    | >
    | > What driver are you using ? Why are you bouncing ?
    |
    | qlogicisp. Because the driver is crap? ;-)

    The question is, does that make your testing better or worse in terms of
    checking the new code? Clearly you have done a good job of checking the
    "disk can't keep up" case, is there a need to test further with a much
    higher transaction rate?

    I would assume that if there were lock issues they would have shown up,
    which is probably all that's needed.
    --
    bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
    CTO, TMR Associates, Inc