    SubjectTerrible interactivity with 2.6.0-t9-mm3
    I just noticed major interactivity problems whilst ogging one of my
    cds. X (which is running at a nice of 0) stuttered in its display
    uptdates (eg: ogging on two seperate machines but displaying on one,
    the progress display of the much faster box would come in spurts until
    I ^z the ogg on the box running X). Keyboard input also stutters
    and the nfs connection (over which I was encoding from the X running
    box) eventually gave up the ghost and I got lots of 'server not
    responding, timed out' msgs.

    Playing Heroes3 was also impossible until I ran it under nice -n 1.

    Doh. :/ This is the first time this has been so bad that I've felt
    it was worth writing about. :/

    X: P3-700 with 256MB RAM, half of it free running Debian sarge (libc
    2.3.2 and X and 2.6.0-t9-mm3.
    SSH: Athlon XP 2500+ with 512MB of RAM with all but 46MB free running
    the same version of Debian but with 2.6.0-t9-mm2.

    From the people who brought you burnt villages in Vietnam...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.045 / U:44.532 seconds]