SubjectRe: Patrick's Test9 suspend code.
On Thursday 13 November 2003 07:08, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
> > This brings us to 2B) Snapshotting is way too opaque. It sits there for
> > 15 seconds sometimes doing inscrutable things, with no progress indicator
> > or anything, and then either suspends, panics, or fails and fires the
> > desktop back up with no diagnostic message.
> >
> > On the whole, this is really really cool, and if you have any suggestions
> > how I could help, I'm all ears. (I'm unlikely to poke into the code too
> Try "my" swsusp code. It should not fail silently; it may
> panic the box but at that point you at least have a message.

I've had your swsusp hang, panic, go into a half-suspended state where I have
to hold the power button ten seconds to actually power it off and reboot, and
fail in a few other ways. What I've never actually had your code do is
successfully suspend something I could resume from.

90% of the time, patrick's code does that for me. Yours has yet to do so even
once for me.

I suppose I could give it another shot, though...