    SubjectRe: 2.4.23 crash on Intel SDS2
    On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 10:31:07AM -0200, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

    > > It's a database machine running MySQL and Postgres. The
    > > MySQL server runs about 4 queries/sec and PostGres only as
    > > needed. It also does some minor mail service, say 2
    > > messages per minute and runs apache at about 10 requests
    > > per minute.

    > > > Ah, have you tried to boot with "nmi_watchdog=1" as Mikael suggested?
    > >
    > > Will try that next, thanks.
    >
    > Shane,
    >
    > Have you tried the NMI watchdog?

    Hi,

    I did and unfortunately, it was of little help. If
    anything though, it made the lockup more consistent. The
    three times I tried to boot with nmi_watchdog=1, it locked
    up when starting SpamAssassin. Nothing special about that
    process but just above that it started the hotplug
    subsystem which I use to automatically insert various usb
    drivers as needed. Could that have anything to do with it?

    Shane

    Btw, to clarify, when the lockup occurs with nmi_watchdog,
    no oops gets printed.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.032 / U:7.512 seconds]