    SubjectRe: seq_file and exporting dynamically allocated data
    On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 09:01:58PM +0000, Tigran Aivazian wrote:
    > On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Harald Welte wrote:
    > > The problem is, that seq_file is already using the file.private_data
    > > member...
    > there is a seq_file->private pointer where you can store private (per file
    > structure) data. That is what I do and it works very nice, BUT the problem
    > is that the ->private pointer was only added to seq_file recently
    > (2.4.20 if I remember correctly) although seq_file API was present since
    > 2.4.15.

    that doesn't help. As I am aware, the seq_file structure is only
    allocated in the seq_open() call. How does seq_open() know which
    private data (i.e. hash table) to associate with struct file?

    The only moment I know which htable corresponds to a proc entry is at
    the time where I call proc_net_create() [or a similar function]. So the
    information would need to be associated with the dentry or whatever...
    seq_file() is allocated way too late.

    > Kind regards
    > Tigran

    - Harald Welte <>
    on while IP was being designed." -- Paul Vixie
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.022 / U:0.380 seconds]