    SubjectRe: kernel.bkbits.net off the air
    On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 08:57:53PM +0000, Andrew Walrond wrote:
    > The point. You got one major o/s project hosted on bk when you ought to have
    > them all. Loads more developers using bk at home means loads more demanding
    > it at work.
    >
    > And all it would take is a lobotomised, redistributable, license free client
    > so anyone can pull o/s software from bk repos.

    One of us is not getting it, maybe it's me. To build something like
    you describe is pretty easy IF AND ONLY IF all you are asking for is an
    update mechanism. As soon as you want revision history, diffs, rollbacks,
    modifiable files, etc., you have to go to real BK. Is that OK? All you
    want is a "keep me up to date" mechanism? No diffs, no history, it's a
    replacement for tarballs and patches?
    --
    ---