SubjectRe: Via KT600 support?
On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 10:09:17AM -0500, Joe Harrington wrote:
> Is anyone aware of similar problems with other manufacturers' KT600
> boards that were fixed in recent BIOS updates? Perhaps Asus has a
> BIOS bug they haven't fixed yet.

I am thinking this is a faulty motherboard, but since we're on the subject
I'll check witht he list anyway...
I've got a Asus A7V600 with XP2500+, 512GB pc2700 ram.
The thing works fine, with a few "minor" exceptions. Firstly, the
gigabit nic seems to fail utterly. I can configure it but get som
error-messages I've never seen anyware before. Have anyone had problems
with the integrated nic?

Also, the SATA drive seem to work when I boot, but fail after a while.
I am quite sure the drive is OK, since I used it on a Abit KD7-g
without problems. (That motherboard also happened to die...).
The symptoms are that the disk works fine for anything between an hour
and a day, but suddenly start spilling out DMA-errors and the like,
then shuts down completly.

The weird thing about all this is that everything EXCEPT Sata and
the built in NIC seem to work without any problems.

Have anyone seen anything even close to this or should I just send this
motherboard back to the store ?

--
Med vennlig hilsen
Kristian Lyngstøl