    SubjectRe: Why can't I shut scsi device support off in -test9?
    Date
    On Wednesday 12 November 2003 10:58, Randy.Dunlap wrote:

    > | > Care to submit this .config ?
    >
    > I also have no trouble disabling CONFIG_SCSI with this .config file,
    > using any of 'make menuconfig|xconfig|oldconfig' ($EDITOR + oldconfig).
    >
    > on 2.6.0-test9 plain
    >
    > A quick grep of all Kconfig files finds only USB_STORAGE that
    > does a "select SCSI" when it (USB_STORAGE) is enabled.

    Huh, so IDE scsi emulation doesn't? (Not that I use it. I want SCSI _off_.)

    Hmmm... I just extracted a fresh tarball and tried again and had the same
    problem. Possibly I'm looking in the wrong place? "Device drivers"->"SCSI
    Devices", top of the menu the option is "---" instead of selectable. Seems
    an odd place to put the SCSI bus, but I can't find it it any of the menus
    above that (and I just spent another 5 minutes looking).

    It's too late in the development cycle to complain about the menu layout, but
    as soon as 2.7 opens... (Okay, I'll get lost in the noise, but still...)

    Rob

    Don't worry, if I get really bored, I'll start sticking printfs into kconfig.
    In the mean time, I can pipe .config through "grep -v SCSI" for my own
    purposes...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.024 / U:0.384 seconds]