    SubjectRe: 2.9test9-mm1 and DAO ATAPI cd-burning corrupt
    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > Does it work if you change the order of those two things in ide-cd.c (or
    > just remove the call to "cdrom_get_last_written()" entirely, so that it
    > always just does the sane thing).

    I've moved the cdrom_read_capacity() to the top of cdrom_read_toc and
    now the capacity gets set correctly and everything seems to work just
    fine.

    dd to and from the raw device works, as do mke2fs and e2fsck. I could
    also mount the disk read-write, write a 10MB file to it, and umount
    again without problems. Then I rebooted into 2.4 and verified that the
    filesystem is okay and the 10MB file made it to disk correctly.

    Lookin' good so far.

    Now, assuming there is a reason that the cdrom_read_capacity() function
    is only used as a fallback for normal ide-cd devices, my change might
    break non-MO devices. I also don't know what to do when read_capacity
    fails - setting capacity to 0 obviously breaks as we've seen before,
    so maybe setting it to the lowest possible MO size (128M) would be a
    good way to handle that situation.

    Jens, what do you think?

    --
    Ciao,