    SubjectRe: reiserfs 3.6 problem with test9
    In article <1068553197.1018.43.camel@Genesyme>,
    Philippe <> wrote:
    | Hello,
    | recently I noticed some annoying problems whenever I try to access some
    | files on my harddrive (reiserfs filesystem). I get "permission denied"
    | even if I am the owner or if I try as root. dmesg answers the following
    | for every file (so it's repeated):
    | is_tree_node: node level 30065 does not match to the expected one 1
    | vs-5150: search_by_key: invalid format found in block 2554621. Fsck?
    | vs-13070: reiserfs_read_locked_inode: i/o failure occurred trying to
    | find stat data of [1000086 2592 0x0 SD]
    | I rebuilt my filesystem with reiserfsck (3.6.11) and it worked, I could
    | read and write again these files. but soon after the rebuilt some other
    | files (they were not concerned by this problem before) appeared to have
    | the same problem and their number kept growing until I rebuilt again the
    | filesystem ... but again new ones appeared after an hour or two ...

    Just as a data point, have you tried simply unmounting and remounting
    the f/s? If the fsck found anything wrong then I didn't say that, but if
    there were no reported errors in the actual f/s then it is possible that
    the metadata in memory is being corrupted.
    bill davidsen <>
    CTO, TMR Associates, Inc

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.020 / U:31.112 seconds]