    SubjectRe: 2.9test9-mm1 and DAO ATAPI cd-burning corrupt

    On 11 Nov 2003, bill davidsen wrote:
    > Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org> wrote:
    > |
    > | Feel free to send out patches to be tested.
    > |
    > | I'll be waiting for the people out there to test them. But so far I
    > | haven't heard anything but misplaced whining from you.
    >
    > You musta' missed the post from the user with the MO that requires
    > ide-scsi... And I'm sure you didn't see Alan's post on SATA devices, and
    > won't see any other posts in favor of providing the same functionality
    > as 2.4. Point closed.

    You can't read. Point closed.

    NOBODY IS SENDING ME PATCHES.

    What part of "open source" do you not understand?

    SATA devices work fine. They have all the SCSI infrastructure working for
    them. They'll "just work", even though I fervently hope that we can move
    them over to the block device layer later to make them work more
    efficiently.

    As per the MO device that wants ide-scsi, send out patches to the kernel
    mailing list, and maybe the person can test it. I certainly can't test it.

    My point is that YOU ARE BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE. It does not help to
    complain to me - since I don't even have the hardware to test anything
    with. I fixed the IDE CD burning issue. That I had hardware for, and knew
    how to fix properly.

    Now it's your turn. Instead of wasting my time complaining, how about you
    put up or shut up? Show me the code. THEN post it. Until you do, there's
    no point to your mails.

    Linus

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:3.961 / U:0.528 seconds]