    SubjectRe: 2.6 /proc/interrupts fails on systems with many CPUs

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Erik Jacobson wrote:
    > I'm looking for suggestions on how to fix this. I came up with one fix
    > that seems to work OK for ia64. I have attached it to this message.
    > I'm looking for advice on what should be proposed for the real fix.

    This is not the real fix.

    Allowing people to use up vmalloc() space by opening the /proc files would
    be a major DoS attack. Not worth it.

    Instead, just make /proc/interrupts use the proper _sequence_ things, so
    that instead of trying to print out everything in one go, you have the
    "s_next()" thing to print them out one at a time. The seqfile interfaces
    will then do the rigth thing with blocking/caching, and you only need a
    single page.

    Al - do we have some good documentation of how to use the seq-file

    In the meantime, without documentation, the best place to look is just at
    other examples. One such example would be the kernel/kallsyms.c case: see
    how it does s_start/s_show/s_next/s_stop (or /proc/slabinfo, or vmstat, or
    any number of them).

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.018 / U:20.748 seconds]