SubjectRe: Can't X be elemenated?

Pavel Machek wrote:

> Hi!
>

>>different toolkits exist becouse people are solving different problems.
>>which set of people do you propose telling that their desires don't
>>matter?
>

> Well, qt and gtk solve pretty much same problem,
> their existence seems like historical accident to me.

Hmm. World (also in linux kernel) is not so efficient!
There are more tools for same task/problem. Maybe in the long run only one tools
per problem will survive, but the diversity is good, also at cost of the
duplicate work.

Do you want only one distribution for user, one for small companies, one for
schools,...? Do you want only one web server implementation? Only one filesystem
per task (only one journaling FS)?
Are they all "historical accident"?

ciao
giacomo

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.743 / U:0.244 seconds]