SubjectRe: freed_symbols [Re: People, not GPL [was: Re: Driver Model]]

David,

It is about the fact that Linus on his own set a position that modules are
permitted. Now if you want to take the position that one can not modify
and redistribute the modified kernel in source, you are imposing a
restriction. One is free to add or subtract content and redistribute.
Combine this with the position that modules are permitted regardless and
there is no copyright issue.

If I wanted to be rude, I could take the changes I made and copyright the
combined work and make it so others could not use that version without
permission. This is exactly what the large distributions do with their
product. Surprized, don't be it is all a stupid game of no you can't and
yes I can.

So when should I expect your letter ?

How will you phrase the content given "freed_symbols" will be GPL ?

How will you attack any vendor using it ?

As the author of the GPL code, I will show that I can still pull a bow
string. If I use it for whatever reason or combine it into any kernel I
distribute as source where are your issues? You have none.

This is all a game of who is peeing in whose soup.

Neither you or I can do anything, provide the vendor who is using Linux
publishes their source fork. I also dare you to stop them, because you
can't.

Cheers, and keep up the joust!

Andre

Andre Hedrick