    SubjectRe: Oops linux 2.4.23-pre6 on amd64
    Andi Kleen wrote:

    > To rule out the compiler you can use the compiler/binutils from
    OK I built with that and here are the results:

    1. The ehci-hcd driver fails in exactly the same place.
    2. It was still v. unstable, which led me to investigate why (since I'm
    pretty sure the hardware is good & the suse compiler is supposed to be a
    good one). I started stripping out options until eventually I found
    that it's devfs that's the culprit - with that enabled I get random
    compile errors every few seconds. With it disabled the compile works
    perfectly, even with the debian compiler (tried -j20 and -j255 and both

    My first guess was you can't use a 32bit devfsd with a 64bit kernel, but
    stopping devfsd didn't seem to make a whole lot of difference to the
    stability... only compiling out the entire devfs system solved it.

    I suppose it could be insmod breaking the ehci-hcd... I'll see if I can
    find a pure 64bit one (presumably suse have one) rather than the biarch
    one that debian uses.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.020 / U:1.972 seconds]