SubjectRe: crypto benchmark results with 2.6.0-test6
Sorry, took me a while to retest.

Fruhwirth Clemens schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> would you like to benchmark
>
> http://clemens.endorphin.org/patches/aes-i586-asm-2.6.0-test5.diff

yes, i did so, results on:

http://www.nerdbynature.de/bench/prinz/

> and
>
> http://clemens.endorphin.org/twofish-i586/ (experimential)
>
> too? :)

uh, i guess this masm/windoze/elf32 stuff is too much for me, i could
try, but don't have time to dig into this. but you could try my script,
and run benchmarks on your machine too.
but: how is this twofish optimization supposed to go into mainline
anyway? one had to use a special compiling environment to compile a kernel?

i set up these benchmarks for me too, because i needed to know what
cipher is fast enough for my own use. usually i sticked to serpent, now
aes-i586 looks quite good on this PC. i wonder if it will compile and so
something on ppc32 too, but probably not. which is a pity, because my
primary use of the cryptoloop is a ppc :-(

Thank you,
Christian.

--
BOFH excuse #349:

Stray Alpha Particles from memory packaging caused Hard Memory Error on
Server.