    SubjectRe: WG: EIO DM-8401H ATA133 IDE Controller Card ( Silicon Image Chip ?!?)
    Shaheed wrote:
    > Interestingly, EXACTLY the same thing happened to me. I actually bought a
    > vanilla IDE controller for a spare disk, and in what showed up the
    > documentation claimed it was a DM-8401R, but lspci shows what you see: and
    > IT8212.
    >
    > The answer was to get the good stuff from here:
    >
    > http://www.iteusa.com/productInfo/Download.html#IT8212%20ATA133%20Controller
    >
    > The driver install was a doddle (well documented, and easy to apply Mandrake
    > 9.1 instructions to 9.2). For heavens sake: these guys even provide the specs
    > online. And the driver seems to work, though I am not stressing it.

    Neat. Even though it's a SCSI driver, it's very definitely a standard
    IDE controller, which should be easy for Bart or somebody to add to
    drivers/ide ...

    Jeff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.027 / U:0.596 seconds]