    SubjectRe: Things that Longhorn seems to be doing right
    El Wed, 29 Oct 2003 20:52:12 -0500 Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> escribió:

    > At some level what they have done can be very easily replicated by
    > having a userspace database which is tied to the filesystem so you can
    > do select statements to search on metadata assocated with files. We
    > can do this simply by associating UUID's to files, and storing the
    > file metadata in a MySQL database which can be searched via
    > appropriate userspace libraries which we provide.

    Something like this?: http://www.gnome.org/~seth/storage/index.html

    Another thing that Longhorn *is* doing right is the revamp of the "graphic
    subsystem" aka Avalon, they seem to be trying to catch up with Mac OS X
    in that field.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.020 / U:186.348 seconds]