    SubjectRe: must-fix list reconciliation
    On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 12:34:37 +0100 Matthew Wilcox <> wrote:

    | On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 07:19:51PM +1000, Nick Piggin wrote:
    | > Hi everyone,
    | > As you might or might not know, the must-fix / should-fix lists have been
    | > inadvertently forked. We are merging them again, so please don't update
    | > the wiki until we have worked out what to do with them. This should be a
    | > day or two at most.
    | >
    | > I had the idea that maybe we could put them into the source tree, and
    | > encourage people to keep them up to date by making them become criteria
    | > for the feature and code freeze. Comments?
    | I'm a little disappointed that after I spent time converting them into
    | the wiki form, you're now proposing abandoning them again. This seems
    | like a retrograde step.
    | What I'd be more interested in doing is combining the must- and should-
    | fix lists. As a first pass, just put all the must-fix items on the
    | should-fix list at pri 4. One of the things I did was delete the things
    | that appeared on both lists. This would obviously be easier if they
    | were in one list ;-)

    Agreed on that. I think the location is not the problem (whether
    source tree or wiki), it's just an extra step to keep them updated,
    and having no owner (or _many_ owners) often doesn't work.
    Is one of you (or the two of you) willing to be the owner/editor?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.035 / U:15.064 seconds]