    SubjectRe: CPU-Test similar to Memtest?
    > On the heels of my system going nuts when I enabled Highmem I've played
    > with the ram and starting to wonder if it might all be good and I might
    > have a CPU just panic'ing for the fun of it.
    > I'm going to run MEMTEST today when I get home and get a chance to make
    > a bootable CD but I'm wondering if there might be a "CPUTEST" or such
    > utility anyone knows of that'll poke and prod a dual athalon real well
    > and make sure I don't have a flaky cpu.

    Try running mprime235 torture test. Available from GIMPS
    (google://mersenne) it's very computationally intensive and a real good
    CPU, cache & memory burner (so good that even many so-called 'rock-stable'
    systems fail). However it does require a running linux (try an older 2.4

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.020 / U:0.668 seconds]