    SubjectRe: Blockbusting news, results end
    Hans Reiser <> wrote:

    HR> Badblocks support is in reiser4, and anyone is welcome to update the
    HR> patch for V3, or sponsor us to do it. We are very low on cash, so we

    Actually that v3 patch does not do bad blocks remapping in case of
    write failure, it only does remapping when you manually ask it.
    And biggest part of badblocks support in reiser3 is in reiserfsck and tools
    (and in not that bad shape, last time I looked).
    As for remapping bad blocks on write failure, the only PC OS that was doing
    this that comes to my mind is Novell Netware (I think they called it a "hotfix"
    or something like that).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.020 / U:4.852 seconds]