SubjectLinux 2.6 features list update
Hello,

I've just completed a second revision of my "Wonderful World of Linux
2.6" document that I mailed around back in July. This document is my
reasonably complete list of the new features in Linux 2.6, with
explanations. This one covers up to the -test9 kernel released yesterday
and takes into consideration a lot of feedback from members of the list
and elsewhere. The also has large portions rewritten for flow, etc.

If you read the previous one, there actually haven't been that many big
changes since -test1. If you just want to see (some of) the changes, I
made a rough list at http://kniggit.net/wwol26-changes.html.

If you haven't read the previous one (or even if you have), I have
posted the update at http://kniggit.net/wwol26.html. (Text version:
http://kniggit.net/wwol26.txt)

Please let me know what you think. I am hopeful that this will be a good
resource for people to use for learning about Linux 2.6. Unless there's
some severe inaccuracies, I probably won't be updating this again until
the official 2.6 release is out.

Thanks so much,

Joe Pranevich
jpranevich<at>kniggit.net

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.035 / U:0.940 seconds]