    SubjectRe: Patch for Retry based AIO-DIO (Was AIO and DIO testingon2.6.0-test7-mm1)
    Adrian Bunk <> wrote:
    > > That was before we knew that it craps out when compiled on RH9.
    > And one of the arguments I had for making it dependent on EXPERIMENTAL
    > instead of enabling it unconditionally was:
    > - it's less tested (there might be miscompilations in some part of the
    > kernel with some supported compilers)

    That's why I enabled it unconditionally.

    > -Os has it's benefits on some systems, so it shouldn't be totally hidden
    > under EMBEDDED. OTOH, it's less tested, so only people who know what
    > they are doing should use it (EXPERIMENTAL plus help text).

    It causes kernels to crash on a major linux distribution. We need to
    either make it very hard to turn on, or just forget it altogether.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.021 / U:0.028 seconds]