    SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test8-mm1
    On Tuesday 21 October 2003 22:42, James Simmons wrote:
    > > > This patch was fine. 2.6.0-test8 with this patch booted and
    > > > looked no different from plain 2.6.0-test8. I am using it for
    > > > writing this. The problems must be in mm1 somehow.
    > > >
    > > > Helge Hafting
    > Yeah!!!
    > > Well here I've got same problems for -test8 + fbdev-patch as with
    > > -test8-mm1. I've compiled the kernel with most DEBUG_* options enabled
    > > (all but DEBUG_INFO and KGDB) and see the same cursor and image
    > > corruption as with -mm1 and the same options enabled.
    > >
    > > Should I try compiling this kernel without the DEBUG_* options and watch
    > > if I get the invalidate_list Oops again?
    > Yes. I'm using vesafb and I have no problems. I liek to see what the
    > problem really is.

    OK, without any of the DEBUG_* options enabled the kernel SEEMS to work with
    no problems. But I don't know how I can assure there actually is no memory

    For me the big question stays why enabling the DEBUG_* options results in a
    corrupt cursor and the false dots on the top of each row... (with both

    And, of course, why enabling vesafb in -mm1 leads to memory corruption. (as
    Vladis already mentioned, the same binary works if vesafb is not enabled via
    the 'vga=xxx' boot option).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.092 / U:11.448 seconds]