    SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test8-mm1
    In article <>,
    Andrew Morton <> wrote:
    | . Included a much updated fbdev patch. Anyone who is using framebuffers,
    | please test this.
    | . Quite a large number of stability fixes.
    | Changes since 2.6.0-test7-mm1:

    | +devfs-initrd-fix.patch
    | Fix initrd when devfs is in use

    I casually followed the thread on this, is this a band-aid or a magic
    spell of healing? Do you consider this a "real fix" for the various
    problems people reported?

    | +export-system_running.patch
    | +might_sleep-early-bogons.patch
    | Stomp all the early might_sleep() warnings.

    Sort of the same question, were the warnings really bogus, or were
    people just not doing the things which might cause a real error?

    | +slab-leak-detector.patch
    | +slab-leak-detector-tweaks.patch
    | A slab debugging tool for finding memory leaks: do
    | echo "slab-name 0 0 0" > /proc/slabinfo
    | and the kernel will inspect each live object in that cache and will print
    | out the code address from which the allocation was performed.

    | +parport_pc-resource-release-fix.patch
    | Fix an oopsable resource leak in parport_pc.

    I'll try my old parport ZIP drive (ppa) again this weekend.

    | +ext3-latency-fix.patch
    | Improved scheduling latency in ext3.

    Did someone have measurements on this?

    Compiling as I type.
    bill davidsen <>
    CTO, TMR Associates, Inc

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.029 / U:4.328 seconds]